[Pyxmlsec-devel] xmlsec in python

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Feb 22 12:01:03 CET 2012

Dolf Andringa wrote at 2012-2-22 11:29 +0100:
>I tried both methods, and always got the error:
>func=xmlSecKeyDataBinRead:file=keysdata.c:line=349:obj=unknown:subj=id->binRead
>!= NULL:error=100:assertion:

Well. The message "id->binRead!=NULL" may indicate that a C datastructure
does not have the expected content. Maybe, due to inconsistent
compilation of "xmlsec" and "pyxmlsec" -- known to frequently happen
on 64 bit architectures.

If not, you would have to look at the "xmlsec" C code.
Fetch its source, checks things done before line 349 of
"keysdata.c". It may give you a hint what might have gone wrong.

>I did all of this on the same machine, so the problem of amd64 vs i386
>shouldn't be a problem right?

The mentioned problem with respect to amd64 architectures
has nothing to do with cross architecture issues.
It occurs on amd64 architectures (without any involvment of an i386
architecture) because "pyxmlsec" and "xmlsec" are compiled with
incompatible options (a bug in "pyxmlsec"'s "setup.py").

If you are trying on an amd64 architecture, then your observations
likely result from this bug. In this case, fetch the patch
from the mailing list archive of this list (it was published recently),
apply it and reinstall "pyxmlsec". Then try again.

--
Dieter